Day Six - Bad to the last drop


Day 6, last day of chemo.

Hopefully the LAST day of chemo ever.

I felt pretty good this morning, and didn't need to take a gravol to keep the puke back.

Some eggs and hashbrowns as usual, and then off to VGH for 9:30
I am still under isolation there, but not for tomorrow.  White and Neutrophil count is still hanging at around 1, but should be gone in a day or two.

Platelets were around 70, and Hemeglobin was 82, so they decided to give me some red cells since the fungal infection is still zapping my lung function.

I also had an ECG today to make sure everything is ok with the ticker before I start the next round of after chemo drugs (some of which can affect it).

That pushed my "visit" until just after 4.  - This is one of the main reasons I am at the lodge.

Back at the lodge, I unload, then walk across to the Safeway to pick up some instant noodles for the next "Long Day" with no food.

Still feeling ok enough to wish I was at home, though I doubt I would be feeling this good if I also had to get up at 6am to fight through traffic.

Back in tomorrow for continued IV Antifungal, Bloodwork, and possible transfusion (though unlikely).

My roommate is back, so no more walking around in my ginchies.

The nasty stuff will be starting soon.  Tastebuds are going.

Comments

Thinking about you baby. Last day of chemo is exciting. Now it's just all about getting better.
Get lots of rest.
Sleep in.
Love you.
Anonymous said…
Hi Richard, Just at library to check up on and Sonja and the boys. Bud arrived safe in Duncan last nite . Today a Dr's appt. and will probably try and fit ina visit with Grandpa in his home. Hope you ar enot having a terrible day.Now you will just get worse and then a whole lot better!!!!!love you, Mom
Anonymous said…
Heyo! Just checking in on you. Two and I yak about you every so often and I thought I'd check in and see if all was percolating along! It seems the chemo's nearing it's conclusion, YEE HA! Take care brotherbear! I'll check back more often!

Ted/Valenaris

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012