Day 23 - Bone Pain

W 1.0 / N 0.5 / H 94 / P 36

So, there is this alarm that goes off in the area behind the lodge.  It's either from a car, or from a building in the strip mall that backs on to us.  It manages to go of at really bad times during the night, and has become a topic of discussion around here since there is not much else to talk about except pain and discomfort.

Last night it went off just before my alarm at 6:30.  I had been tossing and turning for a few hours anyway, so I had enough energy to get up, put on pants and shoes and go out on the balcony to investigate.

It would give me something to talk about over breakfast.

There was only one car in the lot at the time, so we have a suspect, but it still sounded like it was coming from one of the stores.  Further investigation will be required.  Once the culprit is identified, it's hard to say what a bunch of angry depressed cancer patients with an axe to grind, and a balcony view of the target will do.

Glad it's not my car ;)


I come back in from the balcony, cough, and collapse on the floor from pain.

It wasn't a lot of pain, just an unexpected weird pain from all my joint points.  Mostly the elbows, but also the knees, hips, wrists, etc.

A very "WTF Was That?" moment.

Then I remembered about the doctor telling me about "Bone Pain" is the common side effect of the GCSF drug they have been giving me.  Now I know what "Bone Pain" means.  I described it to the Dr, and yes, that's what it is.  It has progressed through the day, and try very very hard NOT to cough.

The GCSF is doing it's job though as I now have shot up to 1.0 for my white, and there are some neutrophils starting to show up - the machines don't screw that one up, and it only goes up from here until it hits normal levels.

Today will be my last shot for the GCSF but I will be reassessed on Monday to see if I need to go back on it.

Since I didn't need blood or platelets, I was able to get back to the lodge just after noon, but I was very tired, sore, and didn't want to eat anything, so after making my bed I crashed for a little snooze.

Shortly after 4pm, Sonja called and woke me up ;)  By 4:30, I figured I better get off my ass and do something like walk to the grocery store and restock my ginger-ale.  I picked up a burger at Wendy's for dinner, and started back just as the torrential downpour hit.


Sometimes it's just better to stay in.  I was soaked.  My "ManBrella" (Small, Compact, Inexpensive) inverted itself, and was no match for the quantity of rain and wind that hit.  I changed, ate my burger, and crashed for about another hour.

Got back up, hauled my arse back down to the "Den" to do some computer work and fein interest in the hockey game.  I am starting to look forward to the hockey games.  Must be subliminal advertising.

Comments

Miss you so much, babe.
Thinking about you all the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012