Day 12, Day 13 - Double Twin Post


Sunday - W 0.1, Neu 0, Hemo 89, Plat 34

So the Hemoglobin went UP today.  WTF ?  "It happens" is the best explanation.  That's the safe way to say "We're really just winging it here as far as the symptoms".  Either way, it means I didn't need to get any transfusions. 

Sonja and the Boys arrived just after 2pm to pick me up.  We stopped off at a Rogers Video on the way so I could pick up some videos for me, and then at the Mall in Richmond so Sonja could check into a sale to see if we could get the boys their Christmas outfits.  No luck.

We made it out to GranDan's around 3.  Had a bunch of fun with the boys, and got to enjoy Dexter having a fit trying to creatively get to every phone in the place.  GranDan got us Chinese food for dinner, and I think it was good.  My tastebuds are shot, but the rice and chowmein went down nicely.

We packed up and headed out just after 7, they dropped me off around 8, I gave a big hug to AJ and Sonja (Dexter had fallen asleep despite his best efforts), and they headed home for around 9.

Great Day.

Monday - W 0.1, Neu 0, Hemo 78, Plat 21

Ah, there we go - Now the numbers are more in line.  I guess even the blood counter machines slack off on the weekend.

This meant that I would be getting both platelets and hemoglobin today.  Being Monday, it's always busy at the LBMT unit, so it took until 5pm until I was finished.

Good thing I was in there at 8am.

My room mate Don is back in.  Kinda silly since his wife will be back again on Friday, and one of us is going to have to move back out.  Scheduling here seems to be done by committee.  We get along well, so it's probably for the best, but having to shift everything out each weekend seems nuts.

Comments

Miss you babe. Wish you were here, but glad you're resting.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012