Day 23 - All Bored as hell on the western front.

So, my numbers are going up / holding now.  White cells were 2.3 (with 1.1 neutrophils), 88 hemoglobin, and 62 platelets.  I could technically use the exercise bike here should such a silly thought cross my mind.

My mouth is healing up nicely, and I am no longer on continuous morphine drip for it.  The throat is still pretty nasty though and is keeping me from eating or drinking, and still using the suction for my own saliva.  I'm going nuts for a nice cold glass of water - it just hurts too bad.  Hopefully soon that will heal, and things will be better.

Coming off the continuous morphine drip has removed it's constipative side effect.  As a result, I am now wearing Pull Ups just like Dexter.  Just a bit bigger, and Buzz Lightyear isn't telling me how great I am doing.  Also the only treat for making it to the potty before all heck breaks loose is that I don't have a massive cleanup operation.  Fortunately the nausea seems to have backed off now that they have taken down one of the antibiotics.  It's annoying having it come out of both ends.

As you can see, I have enough energy to haul out the computer.  It's good to update the blog and keep everyone updated, but it makes for long days instead of quick ones that pass though in a pleasant semi coma of sickness.  It also makes me miss Sonja and the Boys even more, God I want to get home.

If things keep improving I might be released to the cancer lodge soon - maybe next week.  There is a lot riding on it, and all it takes is the new grafted marrow to decided that now is good time to f$#k me up.  If it starts attacking my GI tract, internal organs, etc. then thing start to get nasty all over again.

Mom will be back at the lodge next week, and will be in to keep me company, fetch me food if I can eat, and generally keep my spirits up.  Once I move into the lodge with her she will be my support care giver to do the things that I would not be strong enough for yet.

Sonja is looking into maybe coming out for Saturday, and staying the night.

So, that's about it.  There are plenty of things to do now, I just feel too 'blah' to do any of it.

A big Thank You to everyone for your continued prayers, wishes, and thoughts !

Comments

Anonymous said…
sending something to you to help cheer you up via Sonja and your home address. so be on the look out, not sure how well mail will run between the hills of Kentucky USA and that vast wilderness that is called Canadialand. glad to read about your continued improvements.

stacy and ryan
Anonymous said…
Hope you can come home soon! Kevin now has the keytar for Rockband and it's been asking for you by name.
Thinking about you.
Your blog makes us laugh.
xoxo Erica
I miss you too, Babe. So much.
Anonymous said…
We hope you are home soon too! Glad to see you still have your humour (it makes us laugh)

Thinking about you often and praying for you!

Nathan and Kim
Unknown said…
Thoughts and well wishes are with you cuz from the McNeils
Unknown said…
good to hear that you are doing better.
and to fight boredom try and remeber the lyrics to old songs from music class like Baby Beluga and christmas is right around the corner so compose a new christmas classic

The McNeil Brothers

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012