Day 20 - Nobody Listens


W 0.1 / N 0 / H 84 / P 24

I figured I would need some platelets, and I was right.  Probably even some tomorrow.

I asked to see my social worker at the hospital, Beverly, if she was around.  I wanted to talk to her about what paths might be available to get this medication.

She was not available while I was there, but she did call me later, and yes, there is a solution to have this covered, and she has been telling them at the LBMT over and over but nobody listens.

So I will see her tomorrow, go through the hoops, and get the drug approved and filled.  I will give back the due, and any leftovers so they have it to give to the next brave soul that decides to say No.

Also, to anyone who cares, and might wind up in this situation, and might even read this blog - once you hit 100% coverage under Fair Pharmacare, it means 100% coverage.  There is no Partial coverage - it's all or nothing once you hit that limit.

The pharmacies seem to like to tack on a little "Extra", saying that that portion is not covered.  If you start arguing too much, they will "Wave" the extra, and say something like "We will take care of it, and work out what went wrong".

Nothing went wrong, that is just extra markup they try and sneak through to anyone who doesn't complain.  They tried to add $150 to my 100% covered $3600 pills back when Mom was here.  She started complaining instead of paying, and soon they just "Crossed it out".

It's like the "Documentation and Administration" Fee when you are buying a car.

Now it's only the weekend pharmacists who I have to argue with, or rather just say "You're going to need to cross that out".  It's kinda funny - They get all flustered, and wind up having to call their supervisor, and in the end have to cross it out, and try and blame it on the computer system.

Comments

Al & Bren said…
Richard,
Keep fighting for your health..everyone is listening!!
Love
Auntie Bren & Uncle Al

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012