Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

Wow.

Today was nasty.
Tossed and turned most of the night, and then barfing in the morning. Nothing to come out, just there to taunt me, and let me know who's boss.

Then there was the tightness of the chest, and some pain in my arm. Well, that started a flury of activity. ECG, blood work, etc. ECG looks good, there were some blood signed that the heart might have been in distress. They will be putting me on some drugs to help my heart mellow out just in case. It's all fine now, but they are being on the safe side.

Tired. So very tired today. I slept most of the day, and I am only now getting into doing some stuff on the computer. Catching up with work, blog, etc.

I don't have my totals for today, but the platelets and red blood cells mean I will probably be getting a transfusion tomorrow.

I got to have a shower today - Yippie !

My last bag of the nasty "Red Koolaid" of death was today, so only the one Chemo drug left on tap.
Still a potent brew at that, but at least it is not "Red".

Big thanks to everyone out there, and help take care of Sonja for me while I am away !

Comments

So happy you got to shower.
Sorry you're feeling so crappy babe.
I'm missing you terribly.
I'll see you tomorrow.
BK said…
Hey R & S. .

i feel your pain re: hickman line. mine was also a x2 job. but at least it lasted like 7 months. fingers crossed for no infections. Aili and I also feel your commuting pain, but at a reduced rate. Port Moody is not nearly as far as you guys, but still. i'd vom every time the 40min mark into the commute hit (usually lougheed and boundary intersection) then i'd be fine to the clinic. one more before vitals. then nappy time.

nice that you are able to keep a couple of bloggs running. we used caringbridge (well, aili did mostly). helps for sure.

i hate sounding like a knowitall, but do remember that your body is incredible at surviving and doing its job-rebuilding. i'm not one for self-help or that kinda thing, but i tried to focus on doing what i could "do" -- keep track of vitals, watch your food. eat everything you can while you can. loose weight later. one of the only times i was hospitalized in my 10months was for not being able to eat or take fluids (mucousitis was a fun side effect for me).

I just recently looked over some tables in the DM's Guide and the Player's Handbook, and I was able to confirm that your constitution is 17 (but +1 racial bonus), and this means your saving throws are all at +4. You won't need it, but its there just in case. (you may loose some dexterity and charisma, but oh well; it's temporary).

anyway, wishing you well.
Bryan, you're hilarious.
Al & Bren said…
Richard,

So glad you have someone who has been thru this. It will help you so much and it is nice to have someone who can really understand what you are going thru. All the support and love is great and it will mean so much to know but for BK to know exactly what to expect and help you thru this is wonderful!! Sorry to hear your not feeling well and vomitting..ugh ugh. I am not too happy to hear about your heart but again it sounds like the nurses and docs are on top of it. by the way I am praying for you to have the excellent nurse (know what I mean) sorry Sonja!! So let me know when she arrives and remember look BUT NO TOUCHING NOT EVEN IN ERROR!!!!! NO EXCUSES!! Try not to worry and just get well, fight those little cancer cells and tell them to go to hell (which by the way is where they belong). Always sending loving thoughts to you and healing thoughts to you!!
love ya
Bren and Al
Chrissy said…
Good day to you Richard!!!

Hope your day goes better today!
Chrissy said…
Good day to you Richard!!!


Hope today gets better for you!
Chrissy said…
oops sorry i am so not good at these things youre lucky it didnt pop up 50 times lol

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

2012