New Condo and Food

God Bless Wendy's and Father-in-Laws who live closer to VGH.

Just a little update, as Sonja mentioned, I am now in a single room, just next door.

I am up late today, fuelled by feeling much better due to a Double Bacon Cheeseburger Combo meal that Sonja's Dad did an emergency run to get for me on Monday night.

Monday was pretty bad - Fathers day had kinda wore me out, and then not being able to eat much on Monday had pretty much done me in. I think I had slept most of the day.

The mere thought of hospital food was itself making me sick. Once it arrived, it was usually a challenge to open the lid without dry heaving (no food to barf anyway).

I was pretty sure that I would feel beter if I got the needed food, and Dan had offered, and he pulled through, and even though it took some control to eat it safely, I was able to eat half the burger, and most of the fries. The coke was just a calorie bonus.

I guess finally having a "full" stomach put me into quite a quasi sleep state. I got into my night clothes, and laid down for a sleep just after 7pm.

There were some mighty weird dreams I had during that time until later on in the night when the food induced happy sleep wore off.

They are too much to write about now, but it had a lot to do with the "Angry" phase of my disease, my neighbour patient, and the Head Shrink that was trying to help my neighbour work through his mental based issues as I was having my "lucid nap".

Comments

Kristi K said…
Richard,
You don't know me but I am a friend of Sonja's, our kids went to kindmusik together. I just wanted you to know I have been following your blog and have been saying a prayer for you and your family.

Kristi

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012