Hump Day

Giggity Giggity

Well, not much to say about today - I had a DAMN good sleep for a change.
My neighbour wasn't die-ing too badly last night - Thank god for him. I hope he had a good sleep too.

Sonja made it in to visit today, and bring me much needed supplies, clothes, food, and my toiletry bag (Toothbrush, Paste, Deodorant, etc. ) which turned out WAS in the car when we first came.

It was nice to spend some time with her instead of just looking at this georgous view, writing software, and listening to tunes (to block the noise of my neighbour). No nausea today, yet (knock on wood).
Just started dinner (Roast Pork, Rice, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy)

The breakfast's need some serious work, but the lunches and dinners are not too bad.

No metal knife with dinner tonight - I guess they think I might decide to end it all by slowly knawing away at my wrist with a butter knife instead of just unhooking the installed valve to my juggular vein. Of for that matter, just stayed home ;) It's ok, since the pork is so juicy and tender that I could cut it just by taunting it with my finger.
NOT.

I'll start putting up my blood counts so everyone can see them if they care.



Tuesday was




White Cells5.7
Red Cells88
Platelets23


Today was




White3.8
Red84
Platelets19


So, the Chemo is starting to work by the White Cell counts. They will give me red below 80, and Platelets below 10

Normal ranges are White (4 - 11), Red (110+), and Platelets (150 - 400).

So, as you can see from the first numbers, I have Leukaemia. From the second, I have Chemo.

Comments

Please don't end it all with a butter knife. That would not be a good story to tell our children.
Tara said…
Yeah, off-ing yourself with a butter knife? Not good. You'd have to really work at it, I suppose. George Carlin does a bit about it in his Airport Security rant, which I can't remember, of course.

(I'm a birth club friend of Sonja's)
Al & Bren said…
Awww richard,

Enjoy the view not the butter knife..will keep sending healing thoughts to you!! hugs and kisses
Love
Auntie bren & uncle Al

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012