Mommy !

Mom arrived at the hospital this morning. She is going to spend the night here, and then head out for Abbotsford tomorrow. She managed to visit the mall a few blocks from the hospital twice already ;)

Feeling pretty good today again. Last night was a bit icky in the gut, but that went away. There were also some muscle cramps last night on my side. Normally it wouldn't be an issue, but with the low platelet counts, the muscle damage can be undesirable.

The hickman line is pretty sore, as they way it's installed they have to put a lot of effort into the cleaning, and that irritates it a lot. The nurse secured it good and tight so it shouldn't move around as much in my sleep tonight.

Tomorrow morning I will be getting my first "Alternative" meal. It's still going to be gross, but hopefully gross with Jello and Strawberry jam.

Counts today were White 0.7 (up from 0.6), Red 81 (down from 83), and Platelets 12 (down from 18).
I will probably be getting a transfusion tomorrow to carry me over the weekend. The bones are still not doing their job yet, but that will come.

Hopefully things will work out and Sonja will be able to spend the night Saturday, but either way I will still get to see her and/or the kids then. Dexter is getting quite the kick out of talking to me on the phone.

Now to see how tomorrow unfolds. It's Friday ya know.

Comments

Steph said…
Hang in there! You're doing great. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Steph in Nebraska
(friend of Sonja's)
Lee Ann said…
Good luck for Friday! hope it's good to you xx

(also a BC friend of Sonja)

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012