Fappy Harthers Day

To all you dad's out there - love your kids, and enjoy them while you can.

There was a lot of activity at the hospital today for Fathers day, my Neighbour included.
I woke up feeling pretty good, and gave Sonja a call in the early morning so that she could bring the boys in for a visit.

I was able to eat a bit of breakfast this morning, but the hospital food is really getting to me.

The snack foods are keeping me going. I'm hankering for a KFC toasted twister sandwich, and small fries, but the location of a KFC, parking, etc. would make for a soggy snack by the time it made it up. Counting down the days till I get out though !!

Sonja brought in a McDonalds one on the sleep over night, but I seem to be having a taste issue with rancid canola oil (most resturaunts don't change their canola often enough, and if you have bitter tasting food, that's why).

I'd think a subway sandwich would be ok, but then I remember Tarrie getting real sick from eating one once. I can see the tombstone - "Survived the Leukemia, but not the Footlong Deli on White - F'you Jared"

Fortunately, I have plenty of reserve stores to work off of for now ;)

Anyway, Sonja's drive was record breaking at only 45 minutes to the hospital. Probably speeding like a SOB, but it certainly reminds one just how much of an effect the traffic has.

The boys managed to behave good for about 15 minutes until bordom set in. Dexter sat on the bed and slobbered over mommies cell phone until he broke it, and AJ enjoyed playing with the bed controls.

Sonja and the boys made me a very nice t-hirt with photos, and hand prints, though I understand that Dexter was not too thrilled with the hand painting part, so there is just one Dexter hand - lol.

Thanks to everyone who visited today, Sonja and the boys, Dan, Ken, Deb, Kim, and Paul, and Al and Brenda (who brought a nice gift basket to top up my junk food, and toys for the boys for when they visit).

If I looked pretty bagged today, it's because I was, but thank you all for making the trip to see me - Like I am special or something ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012