Groovy Tuesday ?

Ok, so here I am. In the hospital.

Chemo starts today. I was up late (about Midnight), and did a lot of tossing and turning through the night.

Woke about 5am, since that is when Dexter seems to be getting us up lately - hehe. The nurse noticed that I was up and I let him take the blood work for the day then.

He also prepared and hooked me up to the Chemo Bag (The saline bag that will have the Chemo drugs injected into it later this morning).

He. Both nurses so far have been dudes.
Where are all the hot nurses everyone was telling me about ? I had looked up "Hot Nurses" on the internet before I got here, and I was all ready for some of that !

Turns out that there is a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" kind of policy about Cell Phones, etc. here. They actually have a Wireless Internet Port on this floor. It's a pay one, and worse then the Rogers stick I have, but still - it specifically states in the patient guide that there is NO wireless internet.

I am in a shared room with an Indo-Canadian fellow who is further along in his treatment. It's hard to see what I could be in for in the next few weeks, and we're in the "B" ward for people who aren't too bad off.

Comments

Missing you and looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Al & Bren said…
Hey Richard,

So now that you are there remember no hacking into the hospital system. So you don't like breakfast in bed, pj's all day and just lazing around!! You can add that on your Mastercard List. So today is the big day the chemo starts..wishing you luck!! At least now it starts and everyday is another day down..Give Sonja a hug from me when you see her!! both of you hang onto each other because that will get you thru these tough times.
love xoxoxox
Bren and Al
Chrissy said…
Hey Richard!!

I must say that i Laughed out loud reading your blog..when you said"where are all the HOT nurses" haha.... isnt that just the way it goes? We are thinking of you everyday get well!!!!

the Duecks!

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012