A better then bad Friday ?

An uneventful day, but there is still time left.

Mom had a good long sleep in the guest bed/chair. I was a little tired so turned in just before 10pm. This turned out to not be such a great idea as my internal clock decided I had just about enough sleep around 4am.

I was tossing and turning from 4 to 5:30 until I just got up and started doing some computer stuff. The only bad thing about getting up early is that breakfast doesn't come any earlier, so I have to wait until 9:30 to get food.

There's always Junkfood - Breakfast of Champions, and hospital patients.

Today was my first day getting my "Alternative" menu choices.

It's amazing how they can even make Jello taste bad, and how thin a layer of Strawberry Jam they can put in a jam packet.

As a guide to how exciting my life is here, I delayed this post until my Dinner arrived so I could share the juicy details with you.

As expected, Vanilla Ice Cream comes half melted. I did enjoy the cold nugget at the centre though.

Tomorrow I have ordered a Popsicle. I am very excited to see how well the package contains the liquid. I hypothesize that the syrupy liquid will run all over the tray destroying my salt and pepper package, as well as the single napkin provided with the meal. Yes, excited indeed.

Tonight's entree was English Style Battered Fish, and Parsley Potatoes. I have never had fish wrapped in soggy dough. I would liken it to a fish filled Pierogi. As for Parsley Potatoes, toss out what ever image you had in your mind, and replace it with standard mashed potatoes dispensed through a nozzle.

All and all, a much better meal then I expected, and I was able to eat it. I've seen dogs eat their own shit.

Numbers today were White 0.6 (down 0.1), Red 81 (unchanged), Platelets 12 (unchanged). First time I havn't gone down, but not indicative of repairing marrow. It also means that I didn't get a transfusion today, and baring a serious issue, I will not get one until Monday.

I havn't seen Sonja since Tuesday, and I am missing even more of her now.

Comments

You'd better get the haemoglobin count down so you get a transfusion before my visit....

giggety giggety

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012