Saturday - Part 2, Sunday

So, Sonja is on her way home, and I should be renewed for a few days without her.

Saturday was a pretty rough day. The blood counts were the lowest ever in the morning, so that meant that I would be getting a blood and platelet transfusion today.

The platelets came first, and about 30 minutes into it I started to get very itchy. I have been pretty itchy around my waist area for a few days due to low platelets and the Anti-Fungal drug they give me, but this was way worse.

It was something they told me to look out for, so I let the nurse know. I was definitely having a minor reaction to the platelet transfusion, so they gave me some benadryl and steroids to fix it up.

Damn it was itchy, and I couldn't scratch because my low platelets would cause a lot of bruising.

Anyway the benadryl and steroids helped calm it down and away, but knocked me right out. Slept most of the afternoon until Sonja and Dan (Sonja's Dad) arrived. I will be getting the drugs now before any future transfusions.

The Biopsy is for Monday at 9:30

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012