Awsome due to doses of Family.

Day something or other - It's Sunday night.  Tonight will be the last infusion of Chemo Drugs.  Nausea this time around is worse then last time, but the occasional top of of funky drugs, and gingerale.

The upper stomach/esophagus pain has pretty much subsided, so eating and sleeping are about as normal as I can expect here.

Taste-buds are starting to go, and the effects of the chemo are starting to show.  Should be a fun week coming.  Jello Poo and Hemorrhoids on the docket.

The hick-ups have returned, but not as bad as the drugs they give to to reduce them.  I worked out a growling, low mouth exhale thing that seems to stop them long enough for me to get to sleep when I need to.

I guess they are hunting for beds so the "Fellow" doctor was hinting about getting out early.  I was surprised, but doubtful, especially after talking with Dr. Nevil just the other day.   The only way I can get out is if there is space available at the Lodge as I am still going to need daily test, transfusions, antibiotics, etc, etc. for an easy 30 days yet.   And that is working on the plan that this first induction gets me back into temporary remission.

Sonja brought me a "Care" pack from Erica - Once again, thank you so much ! There was a lot of little things in there for all of us, Mom, Dad, and the boys.  The T-Shirt rocks.

The Wendy's card was put to immediate good use, and Sonja picked me up a loaded Juicy Double Cheese w/Bacon.  Wendy's fries are usually crap, but they were happily eaten (I needed the potassium - Dr. orders).  Seriously, why don't they just cook them a minute or two longer?

W 0.1, H 79, P 15
Got a transfusion of hemoglobin today.  Probably platelets tomorrow.
Ken, Deb, Sonja, AJ, and Dexter all came for the visit, so I got some good family time, and Sonja was able to stay the night (Thanks Gram & Papa).  After plenty of cuddles, falling asleep in each others arms, etc. "while not feeling on deaths door", I am feeling awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012