It can always be worse.

I'm going to try point form.

Tuesday Morning:
- I feel like I have a bad flu.  Not really eating, loosing a lot of weight, etc.
- General infighting, mis-organization, etc. around me being discharged.- Confusion, and general disarray around the fact that there is no "where" to discharge me to.  Due to construction, Abbotsford is no longer a "commute" to the LBMT Clinic at VGH
- Social worker, once again, is frustrated that "they" aren't using any common sense.  Both her an I are working the Cancer Lodge to get a spot.

Tuesday Day:
- My meals have been all screwed up.  Nothing new, but not helping the day.
- My room mate Barry hasn't had a bowel movement in a few days, and they are prepping him for a contrast CT scan.
- With nothing to do but sit, wait, and think, general overwhelming depression sinks in as I worry about the symptoms progressing, getting from the hospital to the lodge, etc, etc.  I'm just a pathetic useless lump on the bed just waiting for the day to end.

Tuesday Afternoon:
- Cancer lodge calls, and they have a room for me on the 26th.
- Now, "They" think that I am not ready for discharge on the 26th.

Tuesday Evening:
- Barry is taken down to surgery to remove a section of his colon that has become blocked and are in danger of rupturing.  (All chemo related).  Like me, Barry's marrow is not working yet, so he has low platelets, low hemoglobin, no immune system, etc.  Barry arrived back in this morning, in pretty bad shape, but stable.  His wife has been with him.  Barry was going to be heading to the lodge this week too.

It can always be worse.

Comments

Thinking about you lots today, Babe.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012