Round 2 - Day 1 - Don't Drink the Kool-Aid

So, it's in. The red goo of doom, the fiery red headed vixen Donna, the breaker of hearts, aka Daunorubicin made it's first of 3 visits today.  Joining her was the ever vigilant clean up man, Cytarabine, aka Ara-C on his first of 5 visits.

Together they are blasting away through my body, killing Leukemia cells.  Unfortunatly it's more of a "scorched earth" policy, and they are going to pretty much destroy all the infrastructure on the way.  Much like a team of Blackwater security agents, anyone who looks wrong is probably doing something wrong, and better be delt with.  See, that guy up there, he is yelling at a taste bud who is loitering.   It's not going to go well for the taste bud who is refusing to "move along".  The report will show that the taste bud was I high ranking Al-Qaeda member, and he was found with a IED on/in his person.


My platelets were down to 20 today, and they gave me a transfusion.  That comes with a dose of IV Benadryl, and that comes with about 6 hours of falling asleep every few minutes.  Having the anti-nausea and chemo drugs didn't help much either so I was out most of the day.  It's going to be a rough night sleep.

During one of my sleepy stupors the nurse looked at the pee-pee chart, didn't see much action, got me out of bed and onto the scale, and then headed off to get something.  In the intervening minutes I woke up enough and realized what was about to go down.  Quickly I went to the bathroom and dropped about a kilo, and was back on the scale when she came back in with some funky diuretics.  The last thing I want is even more chemicals in this toxic waste field, or having to take an uncontrollable leak every 10 minutes.

I hate having to divulge my Super Hero power of "Massive Bladder", and my kryptonite aka "Benadryl" all in one day.


Numbers today - White 4.4, Red 105, Platelets 20*

Comments

Thinking about you, sleepyhead. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Anonymous said…
Keep fighting...We;ll keep praying. You are a strong strong man!

Kim and Nathan
Anonymous said…
YOU have a strong bladder and a strong soul- you can do it, dude!

Erica
Anonymous said…
Hi Richard...could not find a way to copy and paste to face book all your stories..guess I need to copy that sheet you did up for the computer people who think they are computer people and are really not...lol....so I hope you are ok with me sharing your whole richardandsonja.com site and letting folks no that they can follow the link to your space "before the war"....we are all routing for you in Nova Scotia..and I just want everyone to take a minute to think about signing up to be a stem cell donor...it took me about 5 minutes....xxxx
Tracy said…
We are face book'in...I see I am not the only one..whoooohoooo...Auntie Elva is do'in her thing toooo...yahoooo!!!! Hope you had a good visit with Sonja today...you guys just keep on truck'in !!!! xxxx

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012