Happy Biopsy Day 2010 !!

Well, you see, all it takes is just one of those little bastards.  Just one, among gagzillions of cells, to manage to find a nook, a cranny, a duggout to hide, and with a few short months, you have Leukemia again.

I had my routine monthly blood test on Wednesday last week.  Thursday Night, my Oncologist, Dr. Neville, called me.  Despite the rumors, when your Oncologist calls you after hours, the new is generally not good.

My platelets had dropped down to 27.  He wants me to come in for a biopsy, chances are the Leukemia is back.

Sonja and I went in today for 8:30, biopsy 9:30 to 10.  Platelets down to 15, so I get a transfusion.  Early biopsy check shows Leukemia. 

Out just after 3:30, meet with Dan (Sonja's Dad) to pick up a car seat he had from his last visit here, and get a bite to eat.  Then back to Abby, pick up the boys from Erica's (Thanks soo much!), and home.

I am back in at 9:30 Wednesday for bloodwork, and if a bed is available, admitting to the 15th floor VGH (LBMT In Patient) for the next 20-30 days.  Only one day to prepare this time.

Getting Leukemia once is an exciting adventure, and give you lots of stories to tell.. Getting it the second time just seems like a really crappy job, with no benefits, unpaid overtime, and a whole bunch of little pricks bugging you all day.

But, there are a lot of people that had a far worse day then me.  I hope you're not one of them.

Stay tuned - It's not like I will have much else to do :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You may think the Help Train has left the station but it hasn't. we are still here and willing to do whatever will make your lives easier.
Erica T.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012