Sunday.

Again, it's not Friday, so that means good news.

Today Dexter stayed home to hang with Mom, and Sonja, AJ, and I went into town.

AJ was going to spend the day with GranDan (Sonja's Dad) while Sonja and I were in for my blood tests, and most likely a blood and platelet transfusion given my Friday numbers. It's like 4-5 hours for that, so we expected to be late, and AJ was going to have a big day with GranDan.

We arrived on time, did my vitals, and had the blood drawn. About 30 min later the nurse came in with my numbers at 0.5 White (Down .1), 92 Red (Up 1 !), and 17 Platelets (Down 2).

Not only had my red NOT dropped, it was up 1 point ! My boys are finally making my own red cells again, and probalby Platelets too seeing as the drop was so low.

So, no Transfusion, and given the numbers, I don't need to come back until Wednesday.

All dressed up and no place to go ;)

Fortunately GranDan and AJ had already made it to the park and managed to have a bike ride, so we picked up some lunch and headed over to his place. After some lunch we all headed to an open water park (after Sonja stopped off at an Old Navy while I waited in the hot car by myself).

Then back home.

All in all, Sunday is pretty good. I am pretty fatigued today, and expected my red count to be much lower based on how I feel. I must have had a much worse sleep last night than I thought.

Comments

Mike + Shauna said…
Glad to hear the good cells are growing! YAHOOO! Sorry to hear about the bitter taste...That just plain sucks! However cookie dough icecream sounds like a positive, lol...Ice cream the breakfast of champs, lol. Keep up the great work producing those good cells! Love Shauna

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012