Happy Biopsy Day Everyone !

Happy Biopsy Day Everyone !

I hope you all had a great Biopsy Day !

As always it's a tradition for Sonja and I to go in together for Biopsy Day, but she didn't get her paperwork in on time, so only I got to have the biopsy today.

I had on my best Biopsy Day clothes, my best Biopsy Day shoes, and even a special pair of Biopsy Day underwear. The nice sporty, stretchy kind, in Black, so that the blood stains don't show.

We arrived at around 7:30, but it turned out the appointment wasn't until 8:30, so I had to sit and wait extra long. Sort of like waiting to be able to go downstairs and see the presents under the Christmas Tree.

Anyway, the time finally arrived, and I was able to meet my Biopsy Doctor for the Day. It was my doctor from last week, who was very nice, Dr. Mary. I was very excited that it was going to be Dr. Mary. She is a slight build woman, and certainly not a body builder.

The Fellow who did my first Biopsy Day was a very large man, built like a brick shit house, and he shoved those needles in an out so fast that everything was over way too quick.

Dr. Mary added to my excitement by allowing me to have the procedure performed in the Prone position instead of the usual whimpering Fetal Ball that would allow me to relive my discomfort by reefing off my knee caps during the procedure.

I was looking forward to a lot of pain for this Biopsy Day, much like I had last Biopsy Day, but Dr. Mary wasn't willing to help me out. Fortunately due to Dr. Mary's less then Herculean strength, and my seemingly Adamantium like bones (Milk does a body good ? Bullshit ! It must be Diet Pepsi !), the day was able to replace with time what it lacked in sensation.

It took Dr. Mary some time, but she was finally able to make it through my hard ass and into the juicy good marrow at the center, and started to withdraw the Asparate (Suck up the marrow). 2 for the standard bone marrow test, and 1 for the Mylotarg research drug track I am on.

The sensation can only be described as a combination of that weird tickling sensation you get when you shove a Q-Tip in your ear, Scratching a Chalk Board with Fingernails, and having the fingernails pulled off.

Techincally it more like having a vacum introduced in the center of your bone which causes the entire leg bones to feel like they want to collapse in on themselves - But who knows what that feels like ? Me !!

Anyway, the 3 were done, and Dr. Mary asked me if I wanted to go for Bonus Points and give one more for shits and giggles, a new car, or for the Research Department. I can't remember, I was slightly sedated. Not wanting the day to end too quickly I opted for one more.

Then we moved on to the "Bone" collector round. Since I am on the Research study, I was able to have 2 bone samples withdrawn instead of the lame single one that most suckers get stuck with. Dr. Mary figured she could probably save me some discomfort by doing a "Double Dip" and getting one BIG sample that could be divided into 2.

I was very upset until it was explained that not only would it take a lot longer to get that big of a sample, twisting and drilling the needle farther into my hip, but she promised the first one she got would slip out of the needle when it was being withdrawn, and she would have to do it a second time, and leave the first sample sitting in my arse.

I suggested that the scond attempt could be split into two attempts of smaller size ensuring me 3 full bone biopsy sample attemmpts. She informed me that I was milking it, and that there were other people waiting for their Bone Marrow Biopsy Day Biopsies, and she couldnt' spend all day torturing only me, no matter how cute I was.

I am such a flirt. Expecially when my wife is there.

Sonja later told me that she was enjoying Dr. Mary's biopsy skills so much, that she felt like giving it a try herself. Can you ask for a better wife ?

Anyway, I was hoping for a second failed bone extractions, but alas Dr. Mary was able to extract the second sample just fine, and thus ended my "Biopsy Day".

In the afternoon I was able to go to the Dentist too !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012