If at first you don't succeed.

So, fever the fever crept up to 38.8 (just shy of 102 F).

Technically a Low Grade Fever, but when you're a chemo dude it gets their buns all in a knot (Them being the doctors and nurses). Especially when I have a growing cough and some nasal congestion.

Anyway, net result is that what was going to be a nice drive in, get my bloodwork, and drive home adventure became the start of another round of intense IV Antibiotics. I also got to have a nasal flush for a specimen sample - That was FUN !! Now I have some idea what that "Waterboarding" torture technique must feel like.

To boot, my Platelets haven't seemed to get the hint, and are not stable yet, so I needed a transfusion of them as well. My red cells (Oxygen) are holding steady but haven't made it out of the 80's yet. This, with the fungal infection, keeps me laying low.

I get IV Benadryl injected before one of the Antibiotics or any transfusions, so that knocks me out pretty good, and keeps me unable to drive for around 6 hours. They stretched it out to let me out with the least effect. I went to the Whitespot right near the hospital, had dinner, and watched the hockey game, and left about 8ish. No Rush Hour left - Yay !.

Taking a Freemasons Cancer Agency driver in tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012