Down Under

Went back in on Sunday for bloodwork, and the hemoglobin was down another 2 points to 84.
Platelets were up over a 100, so that is good news though - (200-400) is normal.

They're not sure why it's dropping, but it hasn't gotten life threatning yet, so no one is going to go all "House" on it, and it is just being chalked up to Chemo. The hope is in a few more days it will be on it's way up, and then no one has to figure out why.

I elected NOT to get a transfusion on Sunday, since it would have added another 4+ hours to my visit. Blood will be ready for me on Tuesday instead.

Next visit is Tuesday morning

Comments

Al & Bren said…
Oh my God !!!! Richard keep up the fight you have the courage to beat this!! Lots of healing prayers for you and I hope tomorrow you have your blood up high. You know this reminds me of the trebles on Star Trek they kept multiplying (which I call your Leukemia) and guess what they won and got rid of them all..although they beamed them onto the other ship but oh well all's fair in love and war!! hang in there kid and I wish you well tomorrow!!
keep up the laughter it will get you thru..
love Bren & Al

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012