Wednesday CT Scan and Dirty Laundry

Wednesday
The fever isn't breaking.  I am scheduled for a chest and abdominal CT scan.

Falling asleep at this post :)

The CT scan showed the lungs clear, so the cause of the cough is undermined.
The bowels showed some diverticulitis, so they will be keeping an eye on it, and this could be a source of infection.  As long as it doesn't turn into a blockage, everything will be ok, they say....

If it does (blockage), then bad things happen (ie. Roommate).  I am not eating much which is easy as I have no appetite what so ever.  What I do eat is 'low residue', so I guess the stomach gets most of it.  Damn Bran Muffins !

W 0 H 84 P 20 (two bags of platelets, and that bumped me up to 34)

Thursday
Yay, more fever, more cough, and incontinence !
The lungs are clear, but that tickle is back in the morning and evening, and when talking.  I keep a Ricola handy now to ward of the attacks.

I had a decent bowel movement later in the morning, and helped clear out a bit a pressure on my gut, and a huge weight on my mind.  I was just about to take laxitive.

The day consists of forced ingesting, expelling (hopefully), and waiting for my tylenol hit to run out.  I know when it is coming because the shivers start up.

On good days, I have enough energy to turn on the laptop and catch you all up.  ie.  Today is a good day.

W 0 H 91 P 21 (got a bag of platelets)



Dirty Laundry ?  Both Sonja and I forgot about the laundry last time she was here until after she had gone.  Her dad Dan (Thanks Dan!) picked up my dirty (very dirty in some cases) laundry, did the load, and brought it back to me today.  Very timely considering the start of the day letting a bit of #2 get free as the nurse was taking my vitals.  I am now wearing a pad !  I'm all ready chemically castrated, maybe I work on a new name.  Rachel ? Ronda ?

We've gotten a lot of cards of sympathy and support - Thank you all so much.  Sonja is getting all the wishes at the house, and so will be sending Thank You cards so you know you package arrived.  I will thank Tony and Elva here, as she does not know about that one. 

Thank you all for your prayers, wishes, and support.  I means a lot to all of us, to me.


ps.. Sonja, feel free to grammar correct me, out of juice to prof-read any more.

Comments

I thought I wasn't allowed to grammar check your blog?
Anonymous said…
Hi Richard! Just read your blog as we sit here on the Eas!t Coast waiting the arrival of Hurricane Earl! Obviously Sonja hasn't had time to proofread your blog, so I have taken the liberty to remind you that you are NOT receiving sympathy cards--you are not dead even though you may have felt that way several times and definitely gave Sonja quite a scare the other day!!! You are receiving well wishes, love, hugs, money, prayers, gift cards, jokes, and words of support and encouragement!!! Your family and friends would love to send some healthy bone marrow or a warm hug to help with those chills--but NO sympathy cards! Hope you feel stronger each day and get a perfect match soon (bone marrow that is, you have already found Sonja!!!!) Elva
Anonymous said…
Wow! What a spectacular day :) I'm not great at sarcasm, but hopefully my first line cuts it :) We are sending happy thoughts and prayers your way and cant wait for your full recovery..it IS coming :)

Kim and Nathan

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012