Hope on the horizon

So, Hope is about 45 minutes out of Chilliwack.  I'm was raised in BC, so we measure distance in time.  Unlike the prarie roads where you could set your cruise control, bungie down you sterring wheel, and be good for a few 100 KM, we have roads with flavor.  On the time scale, Vancouver from Abbotsford (64K) is the same as Abbotsford to Kamloops (286K) in good weather.

Hope is also what I have today with a White count of 0.3, and some of my own hemoglobin at 96, and platelets still sagging at 20 (got some today).

My fever is finally spending time below the 'fever' level of 38.0 on its own without tylenol to fix it.  It's starting to creep up in the evening as it tends to do, but the trend over all is something is getting fixed, or not as angry.

Food is still my big problem.  I vomited my breakfast up again this morning, but was able to get some lunch down, and with the help of anti-nausea drugs get a fair bit of supper forced in.  They have me on another drug to help increase my upper digestive tract mobility - churn it up and send it down.  That should help with most of the bloating I am getting.

I had another CT scan today, everything looks ok / unchanged.

Still no energy to speak of though, mostly due to not being able to eat.  I can barely make my bed, or walk a loop around the floor.

If everything continues on the up and up, I might be released at the end of the week if not early next week.  With scheduled day unit trips only 1 or 2 times a week, I can do that staying home, and coming in with the family.  That's if they are true about the 1-2 times a week thing - otherwise it's lodge bound.

A Tony Di Giovanni stopped in just before dinner to introduce himself as a fellow leukemia dude, and reader of my blog (I have followers?).  He knows me through Lexi, who probably knows Sonja, or one of Sonja's friends.  It's probably one of those Kevin Bacon things - Six Degree's of Sonja.  Had a great visit and got to trade "war stories".  Thanks for stopping by to visit Tony !

Comments

I think this is definitely a "Six Degrees" thing, as I am still trying to figure out the connection.

Someone, enlighten me!
Okay, the connection has been made. The common friend is not a Lexi, but in fact, Karyn, who I thought it was. YAY! I'll call you.
Do you mean an IV for his nutrition, Erica?

They did bring it up as a possbility, but a route they'd rather not go because his colon would not be getting exercised and therefore... healing.
Anonymous said…
Tony is such an amazing guy! A true inspiration for everyone!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012