Still on track

I was in for a few tests and a regular LBMT appointment on Tuesday.  In the morning was a MUGA scan (radioactive dye heart scan), then after that was a meeting with the surgeon from the hospital about the arse issues (diverticulitis, etc.).  He doesn't think there is anything to be worrying about, and they don't plan to be doing anything before the transplant.

In the afternoon it was the LBMT appointment, and then a ECG scan.  I am back in again on Tuesday/Wednesday for more tests in preparation for the transplant.

Wednesday we all went out for some family fun.  The first destination was going to be Mann farms for a petting zoo, corn maze, etc. but they didn't quite have their act together and had neglected to open.  We headed back home for lunch and nap, and then went to the Zoo for the afternoon, and then to Burger King for dinner.  It was a very full day, and I am a bit exhausted still. 

I am sure Sonja will provide a more detailed report on the day's events.  Just remember, no matter what she says, Mann farms would not have been open any quicker had we waited around in the empty parking lot for some dork to show up :)

Mom is getting a lot of exposure for the bone marrow registry.  She has been in the local paper, and was on CBC Halifax radio and TV yesterday.  I don't have any links right now, but I will post them later.

It looks like it will be around the end of October for admission into the hospital for the transplant, and everything is still on track for that.  I'm still light on the information, but hopefully more will be forthcoming soon.

Comments

I would have happily waited for 20 minutes in the parking lot for the 'dork' to show up while the boys kicked rocks around.

Love ya
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad things are moving along for you. God Bless you!
Anonymous said…
It's nice that you guys could have some family time. Those moments are what makes this all tolerable
for you all :) THinking of you lots

Kim and Nathan

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012