In the lodge.

So, if you have been reading Sonja's blog, you know that I am in the lodge.  Things are not as good this time.  I am so fatigued.  I was hoping that my massive fatigue at the hospital was just caused by lack of food - not enough energy in.

I was hoping for that magic hamburger, just like last time, that turned me around.  Alas, the burger came, and went, but the fatigue stayed.

I can't do anything, and I just want to sleep all day.  At least I am getting nourishment here, so hopefully it will start to resolve itself.  The place is boring as heck right now, which fits my condition. 

I have been able to walk to the LBMT.  I just bundle up, and sort of zone out and let my legs just repeat the motions.  Sooner or later, I am there.  It's up hill there, so it's nice to walk back.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at 2pm, for IV Antibiotics, bloodwork, and a re-assessment if I need to continue the Antibiotics.  I am hoping not.  The next time they need me in should be for a bone marrow biopsy, so if they do that next week, I will be able to get some much needed time home.

Once they have a match, the transplant process will begin, and will dwarf the crap that has been all this last month.  I'll probably look on these days as the easy days :)

Lots of love and thanks to everyone who has been helping us along this journey.
Hopefully I will start to have a bit more energy to keep the blog updated.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just keeping walking..just keep walking...This is definitely in the right direction Yahoo! Your strength is amazing!

Kim and Nathan
Anonymous said…
Hi Richard
As Kim and Nathan said, just keeping walking---one step at a time. Thinking of you and praying for a good match for the transplant.
Elva
Tony said…
Hi Richard,
Stopped by the Lodge today for a visit but missed you...that's a good thing, I'm happy you are with family. Hope you are feeling better!! I have a few appointments this week on CP6 so I'll check and see if you're there when I'm in. Don't hesitate to call me if you need any help....I know how crazy it can get! Tomorrow is my last day of chemo for this round, thank goodness!! 12 free weeks till I start the next one! All my best to you and the family!! BE POSITIVE!!!!
Cheers,
Tony

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012