At home

Sorry, a little late on this post.  They gave me the all clear on Monday afternoon to not have to come back to the LBMT until Friday morning.  I took the opportunity to get myself home as quickly as possible.

I still feel like crap, and have no energy to do anything.  This is the first time I have turned the computer on since I have been home.

Tomorrow morning I am back in the LBMT for another bone marrow biopsy.  This one will see if the 4 week hospital adventure resulted in remission or not.

I am still not too sure what happens (and no one I ask seems to have anything more then a vague idea) after the results are back.  I know that I currently have no match for transplant.  If I am in remission, then it seems I get to wait and have some "do it yourself at home chemo" every so often to try and keep me in remission, and if I am not, then it's probably back into hospital for another try.

Hopefully some of my energy will start to come back, and I can pretend to be myself for a few days.

Special shout out to Tony - I'll keep any eye on the board as well to see if you're in when I am.  I don't know what they have planned for me after Friday, but I doubt I'll get too much freedom.   Congrats on the 12 week chemo break !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Richard,

So excited that you are finally home with Sonja and the kids. Must be nice to be back in your own house with your own bed and your own stuff and all the fam around. Sucks that you have such little energy but you're such a trooper. Thinking about you and the fam lots. Hope I can see you guys when you're feeling up to it.

Cheers,

Ryan

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012