Death in a bottle

So, there it is.  The glass bottle hanging there.  It's full of cycloPHOSPHAMIDE.  It's job is to utterly and completely destroy my bone marrow.  There is no turning back, and the only fix is life in a bag on Wednesday night.

So far, it's not too bad.  I was nauseous yesterday afternoon.  I barfed this morning after waking up, but I didn't have anything in my stomach but some green Kool-Aid, so take that nausea, booya !

My energy level is falling - mostly from the crappy food.  I can't wait to get out of quarantine (tonight) so I can get to the fridge where my extra food is.  As is, I have gone through way too much of my 'goodies' in my room and Sonja is going to need to resupply me ;)


Not much to do, and I can't seem to focus on anything productive computer wise, so I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening playing a game.  It kept my mind off the nausea, and I hadn't played in months, so it was good that it all worked from the hospital over my cell phone.

I am hooked up to the second bottle of chemo now as I write this.  One more tomorrow, and then the radiation starts.

The transplant time looks like it will be around 11-12 PM on Wednesday night, but could be later based on flight delays, etc.

Oh, and the urine factory is working overtime, as planned due to the super hydration I am getting to keep the toxins out of my kidneys and bladder.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Richard... If you have the ability to play Words with Friends I would love to play it with you. It's like scrabble online with friends --- a game can take as long as it takes for someone to win!!!! Kind of fun --- if you want to try iy my username is MacDmom ...... Keep up the good fight -- Aunt Mary
Maybe I'll join your online team of space warriors or whatevertheheck they are.
Cindy said…
Hey – ran across your blog kinda randomly. My husband’s 38 and went through a BMT last summer at VGH... looks like you’ve got one of the nicest rooms right now – David’s had that room twice and I unfortunately agree with your theory on how they do room assignments. Anyway, I’m not going to tell you to stay strong because if you feel anything like David did, strong is not a good descriptor - besides I think it’s fine to be pissed, feel sick and wonder ‘why me?’. On the other hand, I do wish you and your family the very very very best and hoping all goes as well as can be in the next few weeks.

Hope you don’t mind if I ‘follow you’ - this leukemia world is so messed up it’s sometimes good to know someone else is dealing with it to. Anyway, we’re at: http://dognamedleuk.blogspot.com/ some of David’s transplant stuff is on there if you are interested (understand if you’re not, too much is too much). By the way, the radiation was the toughest for David – mentally anyway. Helped to take a CD (old fashioned) with him to pass the time. And then after that it’s all steps to getting better.
Anonymous said…
Thinking of you and praying for lots of strength to go through the next few days. Give a hug to your mom, but not too hard--remember she is older now! haha
Also remember, you now have one more angel in heaven who is working for your recovery!!
Elva
Dude said…
Hey Cindy,

Thanks for pointing me to your blog. It's good to see another take on what to expect. I was in T15 last summer as well, but only for 1 round of chemo. The other 3 were out patient. They hoped to cure me with chemo only. Didn't work, so I am back at it again for the full meal deal.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope all is and will continue to go well for David !

ps.. The only thing wrong with room 460, is the the drain pipes are so noisy :)
Unknown said…
Wow, 11pm at night hey. Makes ya wonder where it is coming from, do you plan on trying to find out who it is and go visit them afterwards?
I'll be thinking of you and if you need any snacks, I'm not to far away!

Dawn

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012