Day 1.

So, it's done.

Late last night, just after 11pm, the stem cells from my brother/sister from a different mother were dripped into me.

We have pictures, but I will let Sonja upload them as they don't seem to be working on my computer right now.  Sonja was able to stay the night, and the will be here the next two as well.

The procedure went well, and there were no complications from the actual transplant.  My persistent hiccup's were the biggest problem and made it very hard to get any sleep.  It has become quite painful on the chest muscles, and it's like getting the wind knocked out of you each hiccup, and gasping for breath.

I am getting the immunosuppressant drug cyclosporine put in me now, and later today will be the research drug that will hopefully reduce the changes of a bad graft-vs-host reaction.  Tomorrow I get the first a 4 doses of a real nasty one I can remember right now that promises to do quite a number to my GI tract (primarily the mouth).  Morphine drip kinda stuff nasty, so I am not looking forward to that.

So, there it is - day 1.  I'll try and keep as much info as I can, but expect things to be getting worse before they get better.

99 to go.

Comments

Unknown said…
thanks for the update Richard...hoping and praying for the best possible outcome and a speedy recovery !!
Anonymous said…
/hugs!
many heartfelt wishes for your speedy recovery!!!!! keep your spirits up, we are praying, sending good vibes...whatever we need to do on our end for you and yours!

stacy and ryan
Anonymous said…
Thanks for keeping us posted...you too Sonja!

Ryan

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012