May you live in interesting times.


...as the supposed Chinese curse goes.

We are certainly going through "Interesting" times right now, and certainly things have been interesting financially. So many have been helping, from huge to small, and from the obvious to the surprising.

August 23rd, my Dad's side of the family had a shin dig, and at the same time, had a "fund-raiser" so to speak of those in attendance and many others who could not make it. We're talking Aunt & Uncles, Great Aunts and Great Uncles, Cousins, etc., all the way down to Half Cousins Twice Removed with a Twist of Lime, or whatever you call it when you start wandering all over the family tree. Even a client of one of my cousins.

Anyhoo, today, we received a substantial amount of gift cards for Superstore (our grocery store of choice).

I had, and continue to have, a very hard time accepting aid & support. I will always feel it is a complete and utter failure on my part to be prepared for this eventuality. But, I am not an idiot, and how I feel has no bearing on reality, and I accept what I must, and I am grateful beyond what I can spew forth on a blog, to everyone for everything.

Aid comes in many forms, from thoughtful inspiration, to cooked meals, to time, to funds, but I will pay it all back, or pay it all forward doubly, as best I can, until I am no more.

I now understand why there are so many volunteers who have "Been There" at places like the Cancer Society - They're paying it forward.

Now, on to win the lottery..

Comments

Steve Swaddling said…
Just a thought too Richard. I agree about the pay it forward principle where possible, but I also believe in the principle that says there is no need to repay a kindness, it is a kindness done not just to help you, but to make us feel better about ourselves, our situations and our desire to help.

Relax and enjoy! If you and Sonja weren't good people, building good friendships, you would be alone right now. But you have family and friends who love and appreciate you and are willing to go without something small in their lives to help out someone who needs something big in theirs.

Love both of you! Believe in the power of healing! I know it is hard on a man's ego and sense of pride. The I can't provide for my family or do what I need to do to support myself runs through all our heads at one point or another. BUT TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS you incredible strength as you carry through this man enough. Keep loving your wife, your kids and your life.

In the meantime, we keep praying for complete remission and healing. God bless!

Steve
Steve Swaddling said…
Oops the last sentence was supposed to say

BUT TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS your incredible strenght and bravery as you carry through this crisis shows us you are man enough. Keep loving your wife, your kids and your life!
Awww. I just read these comments for the first time today. I'm not sure how I missed them.

Thanks you two!

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012