Well, they caught me with a high fever.

So today was an early 8:30 appointment which I had made with the hope of making a dental appointment at 1pm.

I had canceled the dental appointment the day before since I was still neutropenic. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a good idea.

They decided that I should have two bags of platelets today due to my still very low count of 19. During any transfusion, I have to chart my vital signs every so often to make sure nothing funky starts to happen.

In the process of the second bag, my temperature started to go up, peaking at 37.8.

This, as we have learned from the last round of chemo, is not a very good thing to let them know.

As expected, the cards fell where they do, and bada-bing, bada-boom, I am hooked up with 3 bags of antibiotics, and one is the 2 hour drip one that I need Benadryl for.

Bloody Hell.

So, for the next x days ( 2 < x < 6 ) I am going to have to be in there at 2pm for the drugs and/or transfusions if I need it.

It better be something this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012