Well, that sucked

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I have pretty much been out of it since my last post. I guess I finally woke up about 3am last night.

The chemo started to take hold and take me down. The heat and the driving didn't help. Not being able to eat didn't help.

Others who have been through it tell of a "Tunnel" vision you get where you don't really focus on anything, but just exist, waiting for it to be over. I now know what it feels like. I don't remember much over the last few days. I don't want to remember.

Around 3am last night, I woke up, and felt hungry. I got up and made some toast. I started a fire in the toaster oven (someone let cheese fall on the bottom...), took down the fire alarms, opened the windows, and vented the billowing smoke out the oven fan.

Terribly exciting, and more activity than I had in days. Everyone managed to stay asleep through the whole thing, and I just sat out on the couch for about an hour eating my toast, and listening to an audio book before going back to bed around 5am.

Everything sucks pretty bad still, but at least I have enough go juice to plunk the laptop on my lap, lay on the couch, and try and tap a few keys to keep the "mobile in motion".

The after chemo side effects are starting to kick in now - mouth, hair, low blood counts, etc.

I am back into VGH tomorrow morning, and will probably be getting a transfusion. This used to be a refreshing thing, but due to the reaction to getting transfusions now, I get a bunch of pre-meds that pretty much end the day for me once they hit. Transfusions are now to keep me alive, not to make me feel better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012