Day 35 - Whew, sorry for the lack of updates.

Well, hopefully some of you have been checking on Sonja's blog for the latest skinny on what has been going down.

It's been pretty busy for me the last few days, and the spare time has gone into just resting.  Getting out the computer to make the blog post just doesn't rank up on the 'thing to do next' list.

In short, over the last few days, here's what has gone down.

They let me out of T15 - Yay!!
Checked into the Cancer Lodge and got in the same room with Mom.

It was a very busy day checking out, and moving in.  It's surprising how weak you can get in a hospital bed for a month.. :)

I had my first out patient appointment (post transplant) on the 26th (Friday).
Early in the morning - 8am - yuck.

They topped me up with fluids and magnesium.
Blood work was ok, but because I didn't get enough water into my body on checkout day just from being to busy and tired, my liver function levels were a bit off, and they wanted to bring me in again on Saturday for fluids.

Damn..  I was hoping to head home.
My Saturday appointment was 2:30 (last booking of the day).

Got back to the lodge about 10:30, and spent the next few hours thinking how I am just an hour from home (hopeful, non rush hour times), from the wife and kids, from my own bead, from a fridge of food to experiment to see if anything makes it through taste wise (nothing did).

Around 12:30, I couldn't take it any longer.  I was feeling good enough to drive, and I am not on any meds that make it unsafe, so I through together enough for the night, and headed home to surprise Sonja.

I would be driving right back the next day anyway, and Mom decided to stay at the lodge.

It was great, and I am so happy I did it.  Came back in the next day, had my Saturday appointment, and was cleared to come back for my 2:30 appointment today.

Mom and I both did a 'weekend checkout' and headed out to home on Saturday, and got a full day there on Sunday, and drove back in today.

Fluids again today, levels are all good.
In on Wednesday, and Friday, and if all goes well, I will get Saturday and Sunday to be home.  If all goes very well, the next week they will let me go for a Monday and Thursday appointment, and I will try commuting in for my appointments instead of staying at the lodge.

Again, if all goes well.  I am on a knife edge.  Everything can change quick, and bang, I can wind up in every day for antibiotics, etc.

Right now I am feeling good.  Luck be with me it will stay that way.

Please forgive the spelling and grammar mistakes - my battery is running low on the laptop, it's about time for bed, and I don't want to get the power pack out to proof read.

Comments

Thanks for coming home to surprise me and thanks for coming for the weekend!
Unknown said…
That is great news Richard! Hopefully you are back home for good soon! Im on W6 soon so I will look for you in E6.
Anonymous said…
HI RICHARD WAY TO GO. SO HAPPY YOU'RE DOING SO WELL.BEEN FOLLOWING SONJA'S BLOG .TAKE CARE & HOPE IT'S ALL GOOD FROM NOW ON. LOVE AND PRAYERS , FROM MEL AND JIM [NORMA'S FRIENDS FROM DUNCAN, IF YOU REMEMBER THE LITTLE FILIPINO FROM THE LAB. ]

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012