Day 45 - Half Way

Today was a 10am appointment.  Got out early for the about 2 hour commute, and arrived on time.  They still wanted to do fluids today, so I was already into a 2 hour appointment.

The platelets are down again, to 64.  Quite a drop, and due most likely to one of the drugs I am taking to prevent a type of pneumonia that I can get from the ciclosporin.  I only take that drug on Monday and Thursday, which are both days where my platelets were low.

So, now the solution is to get an IV alternative (2 hour drip) once ever two weeks.  They started today, so my appointment became an extra 3 hours longer.  There were a whack of side effects I could get, but other then a bit of nausea it was ok.  

Ugg..  Didn't get out until about 4pm, smack dab in rush hour.  Long slog home, and just bagged out on the couch now to write the update.

It's been a long day.  I have until Monday to recuperate to do it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012