Day 42 - Two steps forward, one step back

So, the appointment was for 10am today.  I was up just before 6.  Rather, I got out of bed just before 6.  I have to take a pill at around 3am, and after that I pretty much don't sleep.  I just lay there as my mind spins around the seemingly endless supply of stuff to worry about other then cancer.

I usually get out my MP3 player at some point, listen to some audio books, and that has helped settle my mind and at least get some half asleep time.  I think I have listened to the same chapter like 3 times now.

I made it to the lodge in the morning after 9, checked back in, unloaded my stuff into the room, parked the truck, and walked over to the LBMT.

The Creatinine levels were down today, but my blood sugar levels are up.  They say it is due to the still relatively high dose of Prednisone blocking the natural insulin.  So, now I am monitoring my blood sugar, and taking long duration insulin to follow the Prednisone levels.  My platelets were lower today - down to 84 - probably because of the extra activity I was doing over the weekend futzing around making myself busy, trying to feel productive.

I had a feeling that something else would be up today.  In the grand scheme, it's nice that it is a minor addition instead of one of the many major ones.

Everything was packed for a full week stay, just in case.

I didn't get out of the clinic until around 2pm, tired, and hungry.  I headed back to the lodge, and just crashed on the couch there, and decided to stay.

They still are ok with me coming back on Thursday, and then again on Monday, so unless something turns over the night, I will be checking myself out of the lodge in the morning, and heading home against rush hour.  I loose my spot, and will have to queue up again if something goes wrong, but being home trumps it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012