Marky Mark and Borat

What's up ?

Not much.  Again, everything is pretty much as it has been.  I had an appointment with Dr. N on the 24th and the body is still running at par for the course.

He dropped my Prednisone down to 10mg daily (from 12.5mg).  Everything else stays the same.  I had some serious bloating on the weekend before my appointment that almost got me to go to the hospital.  I didn't because it has happened before (and even went into Abby General at 11pm once).  Nothing there, gone in a few hours, nothing left to see.  Drug reaction to something I ate most likely.

Hands and Feet still have bouts of 'tingles'/numbness.  They have resolved to assume that it is the drugs, so it will probably be there until/if I am off them.

Being hungry and weak from the prednisone has led to my wardrobe starting to fit again ;)  I am forcing myself to walk more, do more, etc.  to try and keep one of the few positives of chemo/radiation/etc. (weight loss) around.  Cancer treatment weight loss sucks of you're normal weight (life threatening), but it's a nice bonus if you were a fat ass.

Dropping the prednisone down caused the legs to give out for a few days, as expected.  Next appointment is at the Eye Center on the 14th.  I still have a 'dead zone' in the left eye from the first Leukemia bout.  There is nothing they can do about it, but they seem to find it interesting to keep looking at.  Next Dr. N is on the 21st out here in Abbotsford (nice for a change), and of course, the weekly cup'o blood for testing at the local lab.

Turned 40 on the 25th..  Happy Birthday to me..  Marky Mark's hits 40 this year too, along with Borat (Sacha Baron Cohen), and Disneyworld.  Good crowd I guess.  We had a 'Drop In and Visit' party/celebration going on througout the day on the 28th.  Thanks to everyone who came and hung out, and celebrated me being still around and kicking !  Thanks to everyone for your gifts and cards, and to those who put $ in the 'Dremel' jar, you will be happy to know I am ready to grind and buff :)

Also used some birthday money along with my Shoppers Drug Mart points to get a small LCD TV for the playroom downstairs, and the rest for my Class 1 medical exam (to keep my Class 1 active).  Yes, I can technically drive the big rigs.

Ok 40's here I come !  Going to be kicking ass and taking names.

Comments

Tony said…
Happy Belated Birthday Richard!! Good to hear things are getting better. Didn't know you were a Gemini too, mine was on the 26th! Maybe we'll see you all again at Light The Night this year. Take care!!!
Dude said…
Hey Tony !!
Happy Birthday to you too ! All the best birthdays are in May ;) Hope all is going good with you too. The 'clan' will certainly be at Light The Night again this year.
Anonymous said…
Hi Tony, Happy belated birthday to you!!! I am now in Nova Scotia and waiting for summer. I think about you and always glad when your name appears. Hope all is happy with you and have a great summer. Cheers from Richard's Mommy Norma

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012