What's up ?

Once again, I haven't been posting enough.  Sorry.

Cancer Dude Stuff 
Things are getting better every day.

My energy level is up, and I am active the entire day, most days.  In the late evening, crappy stuff starts to kick it, but it is no where as bad as it was just a month ago.

My most recent appointment was April 6th.  I was hoping that they would remove my hickman line, but Dr. Mary didn't want to call the ball on that, and was unable to get confirmation from Dr. Nevill.

I am back on the high blood pressure meds.  They want it below 150/90, and I was running 154/90.  They give me a bit of a head ache, and some minor light headedness at their peak, but nothing major and it only lasts about an hour.

Still on all the drugs, and still at the same levels for the last month.  Prednisone, Cyclosporin, anti-viral, anti-fungal, magnesium, potasium, calcium, vit-d, and anti-pneumonia.  There was a bit of GVHD rashing last time I saw Dr. N, so they are not going to be changing anything soon.

I still have some pretty annoying numbness/tingles in the feet and hands.  It's mostly in the late evening, but it comes and goes at any time too.  It makes walking uncomfortable, but that's about it.  I have an appointment in May to see the funky head Dr's so they can check out my wiring to make sure everything is ok and that nothing nasty is going on and causing the sensations.

On the home front, I am trying to be more active to keep my muscles working.  Grocery Shopping and walks on the new trail just outside our house are keeping them from getting worse.  The Prednisone still does a number on my upper thigh muscles though, so while a decent walk is ok now,, a few stairs is quite a haul.

I am a computer guy..
I am starting to get my 'computer' house back in order.  It's been neglected for almost a year now.  I few things have broken over the last while (ie, server that used to handle the photos site), and I am piecing everything back together slowly.  I am going to get a computer set up in AJ's room soon - he has been asking about having one - as soon as I find some missing pieces on Craigslist.  I got a web cam setup down in the playroom a few weeks ago - picked it up at XS Cargo for $11 ! and hooked it into an old Linksys router I hacked.  Anyway, there is a lot of tech for me to catch up on after being out of the game for the last year, so I am keeping busy.

We cancelled TV Cable !  
Yup, I was going through the channels ( all 60+? of them ) about a few month ago, and mentioned to Sonja that there is nothing but crap on almost all the time now.  She felt the same way, and after some talk, we figured lets just get rid of it.  Never got around to it.

Then, about a week ago, I was flipping around again, trying to find something of value to watch, and everything was just stupid annoying reality shows, or old repeats.  I used to be able to count on food network, or discovery channel, or even history channel for something worth watching but everything has gone to stupid reality TV.  I watch TV to learn, and it isn't doing that any more.  I'm sick of Canada's worst "whatever" - I have to assume that these people are all actors just to keep my sanity.  I don't need to watch any more lame 'cookie' cutter chef's trying to be the next host, iron chef, top cook, best whatever, etc.  SNOOZE FEST !

Where is my 'Good Eats', my 'How it's Made', etc.  They are all gone - relegated to weird times, and almost always repeats.

Long and short - That day I called Shaw up, and said, cancel it all.

After discussing it with them, I find out that I don't get to be quite the martyr I was expecting.  Basic cable is included with our Internet plan, so we still get all the channels below 29 (ABC, NBC, PBS, etc.).  Our 'Digital' converter is free, so we get all the 'free' channels above 60 (Teletoon Retro, etc.)
So basically we lost the middle section of crap.  Fine by me.  I don't have to browse by any weirdos on TLC with too many kids, or too much junk.

We will miss some shows of value that we enjoyed the rare time they were on, but the extra $26 in the pocket will make up for it.

Git' er done !
Well, there you go.  A bunch of info, and bit of rant - everything everyone wants in a good blog post.
I am into the Clinic again next week, maybe they will take out my line then, maybe not..
Mom and Bud are coming over for a visit, so we're all looking forward to that, and I am sure Bud is looking forward to finally getting some butter chicken :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great to read your and Sonja's posts again! The boys are really growing up--and it's good to see that things are slowly improving in your day-to-day living. I know your mom and Bud are anxious to visit and see the boys--enjoy your time with them and make enough butter chicken for Bud to take back home!!! Take care, Elva

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012