Happy 1st Birthday !!

Well, first off, Googling first,birthday,transplant for an image for todays message is not a good idea unless you're looking for a bummer trip.

So, yes, here we are, or more importantly here I am, one year after getting my stem cell transplant.

I went for my checkup on Tuesday, and everything is going good.  I am off the Prednisone !!!

So, now we get to see a big glimpse as to how well my donors stem cells jive with the rest of my body.  So far things have been very good, but I have been on a lot of Anti-Rejection drugs.  Even in its weakened state, my shinny new immune system has been working pretty darn good.  I have been able to dispatch the colds that have taken down the kids with only a few sniffles and coughs.

We received the consent form today (how timely, thanks to Sonja) to give consent to provide information to the my Donor.

I am back again in 1 month for another appointment to see how everything is doing after the drop in prednisone.

I am looking forward to hopefully celebrating Christmas with my Family THIS year, though I am feeling an odd pull?, duty?, compassion? drawing me to be at T15 on Christmas Day...  I owe a bigger responsibility to my Wife and Kids though, this year at least.

ps.. I found two worthy pictures.
Before













After

Comments

Al & Bren said…
I like the opposition in your pics...couldn't have relayed a message so clear.
Anonymous said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KID!!!! I am in Halifax flying home to B.C. tomorrow. Hope to see all your gang next weekend in Duncan. Love to all , Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012