No news is good news I guess ?

....Or so my Aunt Elaine recently put in the wedding anniversary card/gift we received recently (Thank you btw !!).

In the writing I sensed a possible "snarky" dig at my complete and utter lack of updates on my progress on this blog.  I could also be wrong :)

Anyway, I guess it is about time for an update.

In short, everything is going pretty damn well.  I have been to the Abbotsford General Hospital for my 6 week checkup a second time, and everything went well.  It's nice not having to do the long drive in.  I do still have to go into Vancouver every so often to pick up some drugs that are not available out here.

My prednisone has been reduced to 5mg / day, but everything else has been held the same.  Once the prednisone has been reduced to nothing for a while, they will start reducing the others.

The tingling has gone down quite a bit, or rather I have just integrated the sensation into my normal life.  My muscles sometimes are quite sore in the morning, but that could just be age and lifestyle and have nothing to do with the drugs.  I am going to blame it on the drugs for now though.

It's been over a year now since the relapse, and in just under 2 months it will be a year since the transplant.  Once the medications are down, I will be getting my 'childhood' vaccination shots all over again.

The next few months will tell how much, if any, GVHD I will have to live with.  So far I have been pretty much symptom free, with my only issues being drug related.  Hopefully it will continue that way.

My next checkup appointment is on the 13th, and I am still going in every second week for blood tests.

On the 'life' front, I have returned to work after being out of the work force for many years.  An opportunity opened at an IT company in Chilliwack, I applied, and got the job.  Some of my doctors were a little concerned about the return, but my Dr. N. was ok with it.  Everything has been going great.

We've been camping up at Sonja's folks property up by 100 mile house, and we managed to make it to the PNE just this Saturday.  AJ starts all day kindergarten this year so that's going to be a big change.  He will be joining the play/work force like his dad.

Comments

Tony said…
Great to hear from you Richard and so happy things are going well !! That bit about the anniversary card was too funny!!

Take care,
TONY

P.S. say hi to mom!! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012