Always keep an edge on your knife.

Sooo, what's up ?

Saw Dr. N last week on Wednesday afternoon.  The appointment was for 4, and I got in about 5:30.  I was in at LBMT before that for bloodwork.  If everything goes well and I stay the course, that will be my last visit to the LBMT.  I am now going to the local clinic weekly for a full bloodworkup.

I am back in to see Dr. N on the 24th, and in to see the Neurologist on the 12th to see if they can figure out what is the deal with the pins & needles I continue to get in my hands and feet.  Sometimes it's pretty bad.

I am still on the same drug dosages from my last visit, so no movement there, but no further GVHD signs either.  Creatine was creeping up a bit last week, so they want me to make sure I drink more.

I've been forcing myself to do more physical activity.  I jumped up a few days ago to try and see something on a top shelf, and quickly realized how much the prednisone has messed up my upper leg muscles.  It's an up hill battle just to stay where I am physically.

Speaking of up hill, I finished making the first attempt of the scout staffs (hiking sticks) for the boys, so we can go on some hikes in the woods.  They are pretty basic right now as I am working of 25 year old memories.  We will be making some finishing touches and adding features as time goes on.  Sonja will probably have some pictures and details on her blog soon.  I will also be putting "how to" like stuff up on a new website I am working on.

Two summers now have been lost to Leukemia so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I am trying to keep my mind busy as well, and get back into the swing of things computer wise, so I can get back to work in the future.  If anyone knows a charity or non profit that needs some free computer work/assistance/advice/etc.  let me know.  Money is tight, and gas is stupid, so Fraser Valley area only for now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to see that you are getting back to your regular routine! Looking forward to seeing your mom this month. I enjoy looking at the photos of the boys--they look like you when you were young. Happy Mother's Day to Sonja! She is a great mom!!!! Take care, Elva

Popular posts from this blog

Someone's like me.

Thurdsay - My New Nemisis ?

2012